martes, 3 de julio de 2012

Phonetic Exam

Well, yes. As I knew it could happen, I left my homework at the end of my time. Ok, may be I'm not too bad with two days for study before my exam (it is on Thursday). I think it's going to be fine, because I was listening another interviews and watching trailers without subtitles, which in fact gives me some advantage.

Here are three great pages to learn and study Phonetic, given by my Phonetic Teacher the last class

If you are interested to learn phonetic by the first time, this page will help you to understand all the phonetic symbols, and their pronunciations and positions. The only trouble you could have is that all is written and talked by English but, it's ok. It's not so hard to listen. Actually, the women who teach here has a really clear speaking, so: relax.


Here are all of the sound in English. If you click on the symbols, the page will show you a video about that sound you have chosen.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/pron/sounds/

This page is similar to the previous one, but this has a kind of animated pictures which show you how is the oral cavity in each sound, including  descriptions. Also, there are short videos of a woman saying the sounds and examples of some words.
 http://www.uiowa.edu/~acadtech/phonetics/#


Now, the last page has exercises where you should write words using phonetic symbols. If you make mistakes, it will show you the correct answer.
  So, first, go to http://davidbrett.uniss.it/ and then click on English Phonetic And Phonology. Finally, click on Phonetic Transcription Exercises (it is in the Index menu).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario