jueves, 8 de noviembre de 2012

MY DREAMS FOR THE FUTURE


This is a short and not avaluated activity for my English class. I hope it doesn't give me troubles (to put this here, I mean).
   
Hello. My name is Paula Gallardo Aqueveque and I am 19 years old, since a few weeks ago. Now I’m finishing my first year in the University, studying English Teaching. But this career is not the only thing that makes me busy. And this is not the only thing I want to do for the rest of my life.

However, I will start telling about my most recent plan. This is related to travelling. I’m not sure if it could be possible this summer or during the winter holydays. For now, I’m trying to save a quiet good capital to go to the next concert of one of my favorite music artists, Steven Wilson, who has announced his returning to South America, on 2013 or 2014. That is an opportunity that I don’t want to lose again (He came to Santiago on April of this year, and I couldn’t go because I had to use my money to buy a new computer).

Talking about high and serious dreams, I could tell about my wish to get an internship to England. There are many things about that country that are interesting to me. Most of my favorite musicians and writers are from England and I would like to be there just to meet more about their lifestyle and culture. And of course, England is the best place to practice the British accent, which I think is easier for me than the American accent.

After My English Teaching Studies I would like to start to study Music. I can play the acoustic and electric guitar since I was 12, but also I have always wanted to learn to play piano and drums. Play music is one of the things that I really enjoy to do, so I want to take this like a serious job too (as Music Teacher, maybe).

My last dream is to publish a collection of poems and reflections that I have written since two years ago (my language teacher assigned me this as a homework). When I started with this activity I didn’t imagine it could become something very important to me. Although, now it is an activity that I just can’t stop to do! I have written about 30 poems and a few essays and I’m still writing every time I feel or think something huge inside of me. I really wish to form a book with them, make a kind of “wake up” to the lector’s mind, help people who has felt or passed by the same that me, or who need a few paraphrased and hopeful words to keep on stand.   

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario