viernes, 12 de diciembre de 2014

Talk to me and I'll tell you who you are

Nowadays it is hard for me not to notice details... too many details.

Details within context are not just details. All of them have a function, a purpose,

It is true... Language never reach our intentions. Sometimes we really need to say something... but our communicative strategies fail and our speech is something quite different, but... is it the case, anyway?

Intention < Language < Interpretation

Yes, it is true. Language never reach our intentions... and our interpretations of language might never be completely attached to the speaker's intention... but for that reason there is just so many research on it. Language is still an expression of reality, and an approach to it. Language is part of our identity. What we say (and how we say it), defenitely matters.

So after this brief explanation... let me state that I haven't been exagerated.

How long is an utterance...?
How many non-verbal resourses are in use? ...
How many times was an utterance re-written?
How frequent are a few words or ideas, and why?
How much rethoric is in use?
Which is your intention?
Why would you bother in saying too much unrelevant info.?
How many times you didn't pay attention to what I said?
What goes beyond this speech act?
What about your context?
Do those sentimental expressions mean the same than at the begining?

... And so many aspects are still left, and that means its challenge. Now it is part of me to  think about words everytime I'm in front of them.

So if I were you, I would never dare to cheat.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario